The Italy-America Chamber of Commerce South Central is pleased to announced dates for the 2nd-Annual Taste of Italy Virtual Trade Fair and Festival.
To be held during the week of March 15-19, the virtual gathering will include:
– one-on-one virtual trade tastings with leading food and wine buyers in Texas and beyond;
– one-on-one virtual media tastings with top food- and wine-focused writers and social media influencers;
– trade-focused seminars with U.S. food and wine experts in Italy, Texas, and beyond;
– a virtual food and wine pairing dinner for food industry trade members;
– a virtual food and wine dinner for Italian food and wine lovers (a consumer event featuring Houston restaurants).
For next year’s week-long event, the IACC will also be working closely with exhibitors to help them focus and fine-tune their messaging and follow-up. Each presenter will have a personal IACC liaison that will prepare them for their meetings and facilitate interaction with potential buyers and media in the days following the online gathering.
IACC will also be producing short video interviews with each exhibitor conducted by our resident Italian food and wine educator. These YouTube clips will be published in the weeks running up to the fair and festival but will also be made available to participants for use on their own websites and social media.
By extending the event to five days (instead of the usual two), scheduling of the one-on-one meetings will be expedited and streamlined. And inspired by the success of the virtual dinners it mounted this year, the IACC is opening up at least one of the dinner events to the public this year in order to get invaluable feedback from consumers who love and follow Italian food and wine.
Exhibitor sponsorships are also available for producers who would like their products to be featured at trade, media, and consumer virtual events.
The IACC has decided to call the event “the 2nd-Annual Virtual Taste of Italy” because even once in-person gatherings are safe again, the chamber intends to mount parallel in-person and virtual events.
If you and your company would like to learn more or would like to apply for the 2021 Taste of Italy Virtual Trade Fair and Festival, please contact IACC deputy director Maurizio Gamberucci by emailing him here.